Camping when you are pregnant is definitely doable. As long as you feel up to it, camping can still be fun. Here's 10 tips to help you enjoy it!
1) Pick a camping spot near the bathrooms. With all those late night trips to the bathroom, you'll be glad you did this.
2) Bring your pregnancy pillow with you. You want to be comfortable when you sleep, so bring whatever you use at home.
3) Plan naps into your schedule if you can. Growing a baby inside you takes a lot of energy and so does outdoor activities. Don't pack your day with strenuous outdoor activities and give yourself a break!
4) Don't forget your prenatal vitamins and stretch mark cream. Bring all the things that are part of your routine, so you keep up your good habits.
5) Plan healthy meals and snacks. Just because you aren't at home, don't let your healthy eating go out the window. Plan and eat healthy meals so you'll feel good the whole time.
6) Look ahead to your destination and pick out activities that you can participate in. You don't want to feel left out because everyone else wants to do something you don't feel up to.
7) Be sure to take plenty of breaks when you travel. Just like any other driving trip, be sure to take plenty of breaks. Every 1-2 hours to stretch your legs and have a bathroom break is perfect.
8) Bring comfortable shoes. Sneakers, flip flops, uggs, whatever works for you, bring them! With swollen feet a strong possibility, you want to be prepared.
9) Don't forget your camera! These will be memories you won't want to forget!
10) Don't forget to bring a first aid/medicine kit and be sure to pack it with extras you might need like tums.
1 thought on “10 Tips for Camping When You're Pregnant”